Disney Cruise Line, with hundreds of cruise options and four departure points in the U.S., is one attractive option for eager sea-goers. But it’s difficult to go on any vacation without spending a healthy penny.
Here are five ways you can save on a Disney cruise:
1. Kids sail free. For a limited time, kids ages 17 and under sail FREE on select Disney Cruise Line sailings departing from Galveston, Texas, and Miami. To take advantage of this offer, kids must travel with two full-fare guests in the same stateroom.
2. Pay your gratuities in advance. You can choose to pre-pay your tips to staff in advance, which will help with your budgeting. On board, you’ll get slips of paper with the amount of tips you’ve pre-paid to hand to staff in envelopes. You can always choose to add an additional tip of cash or to your onboard account if you think service went beyond your original estimate.
3. Family movie night: Take advantage of the first-run films shown, some in 3-D, throughout your sailing. Some of the same films are available on your stateroom television. We were able to have a family movie night every night. You also can take advantage of the free room service. Disney Cruise Line offers 24-hour complimentary room service, as well as soda, coffee and tea always available on deck at no extra charge. So go ahead and order a pizza and sodas during your movie night and have a fun, family sleepover in your room.
4. Drinks caveat: Unlike all-inclusive resorts, alcoholic drinks are not included in your per person price so budget accordingly or take advantage of the duty-free shopping on board and buy a couple of nice bottles to share during wind-down time without the kids.
5. Book your spa experience on board: Each day in your “Personal Navigator,” the ship’s daily newsletter is filled with activities and deals. Check for the spa special of the day. I was able to get multiple services (facial, massage, exfoliation) for a discounted price of $135. Some packages are as low as $75. By waiting and buying the bundled package on board, you’ll save some big bucks.
For more information or reservations, visit www.disneycruise.com or call 888-325-2500.
By MARICAR ESTRELLA